“What say my lord unto his #servant?” Joshua asked this question (Joshua 5:14). “What Lord am I to do?” Joshua declared, “With the enemy before us, I do not know who is for us or for our adversaries (verse13).”
God answered Joshua and Joshua commanded the people to do as the Lord said. God had a process for their victory. For final victory, “Ye shall not shout, nor make any noise with your voice, neither shall any word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I bid you shout; then shall ye shout (Joshua 6:10). Before they reached the victory, God commanded them to compass the city – go round about the city seven times (Joshua 6). God established the order and the people obeyed.
God has a process for your victory.
Today, I encourage you to follow His process.
- Begin with a praise. Give Him thanks.
- Glorify your Father. Inquire of Him.
- Listen for His directions.
- Read His Word.
- Arm yourself with His Word.
- You don’t have to shout in the process. Ye shall not shout, nor make any noise with your voice, neither shall any word proceed out of your mouth… UNTIL THE DAY I BID YOU SHOUT; THEN SHALL YE SHOUT.
In Jericho, But Jericho Not in Me
Imagaine being in a fight, and do not know the enemy not the strength of the enemy. Like Joshua, you may be in Jericho; but Jericho is not in you. As God’s honored vessel, His servant, you will compass the city. God knows your adversaries. He knows who is for you. Be obedient to Him. Work the process and not allow the process to work you.
Photo by Bert on Pexels.com
God is bigger than the enemy.