#virtualministry #servantleadership #onlinelearning You can click on my link https://bulluckg.com/elearning/ and take a look at some creative ways ministries are virtually evangelizing and connecting.
The reality is most Protestant congregations in the United States are comprised of less than 200 members (Pew Research). Only about 10% of congregations have over 500 members. Yet, both types of congregations are searching for creative ways though virtual resources to connect and spread the Gospel. We are looking for ways of connecting Sunday Schools, children’s and youth ministries for powerful ministry impact.
- Conference Call – Without access to internet or fear of using internet, many congregants are choosing to connect with parishioners via free conference call to give members audio access to services. However, this can be a disadvantage for some because there are cell phone (mobile) carriers which charge their customers per minute for this type of connection. Perhaps in this instance, we should plead to their better angels to dispense with this charge during COVID.
- Dial-in – For those who do not have access to internet, this is a way to allow our seniors, for example, to hear the service. This is a feature to as a dedicated line for connecting directly and immediately for setting up and joining meetings. No reserved conference lines or call time limits.
- Facebook Livestream– Thanks to my technological literate grandchildren, I have learned how to connect a HDMI cable, computer, and Smart TV to view Facebook Live services. In this way, as a social distancing, senior group of three, I sign-in to my Facebook and we can view services as a family.
- YouTube Livestream – This is a feature of Google. YouTube Livestream is giving ministries an inexpensive way to spread the Gospel. My internet provider, Comcast, gives me access to my YouTube application via Smart TV. This allows me to watch services over my SMART TV without connecting to my computer.
- Vimeo – Like Google, you can create videos offline and then upload videos. Vimeo does offer live streaming based on your budget.
Feel free to comment and share your feedback and ideas to make us reach others as a global force. Connect and network!
In our next session, let us examine ways to assess the needs of your members in COVID-19 and post COVID-19.